WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Please complete the registration form and then make cheques payable to Faculty of Wine and mail them to: 31 Notley Place, Toronto, ON M4B 2M7
Please complete the registration form and then send payment through online banking to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be offering payment by credit card soon. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is an extremely popular course. It will teach you about the key grape varieties that are grown around the world, the different styles of wine and the production of spirits and liqueurs. It will also expand on the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting that we introduced in Level 1.
This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of international wines and spirits and is suitable for beginners as well as those who already have some wine knowledge.
Who should take this course
- You are a wine enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and wants to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and international wines in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for WSET Level 2.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
To gain the qualification students need to pass a 50-question multiple-choice paper.
Course fee includes all material, glassware, wine, instruction and exam.
No courses offered at this time. Please check back.
Date & Time
No classes offered at this time. Please check back.