WSET Level 1 Awards in Wine
Please complete the registration form and then make cheques payable to Faculty of Wine and mail them to: 31 Notley Place, Toronto, ON M4B 2M7
Please complete the registration form and then send payment through online banking to: email@example.com
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines was originally designed as an entry level qualification aimed at providing a framework of knowledge for new or inexperienced front line staff in hospitality and retail. It is now a course with a much broader appeal and anyone with little wine knowledge will benefit from this program.
Who should take this course
- You are interested in learning about the main grape varieties and the basics of food and wine pairing
- You are starting your first job in hospitality or retail
- The main styles of wine
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- The characteristics of the common grape varieties
- Service of wine
- Health, safety and legal issues
- The pairing of food and wine
This is a one day course. To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a 30-question multiple choice paper and a food and wine pairing exercise both of which will take place at the end of the day. Successful candidates will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in Wine lapel pin.
Course fee includes all material, glassware, wine, instruction and exam.
Check back soon for our next course location!
Date & Time
Check back soon for our next course dates!